Friday, March 28, 2014

Sunny Spring!

It's been a gorgeous end to winter and start of spring this year, and I am loving it. The first few pictures are ones that I took while trail running with the AIS group. They have been patient with me as it is possible that I have been complaining quite a bit lately. I love to run, really, I do. But... these trail runs are just plain brutal and they have not gotten one bit easier. It doesn't help that one of the guys is just amazing and makes it look effortless. His morning runs are more than what most runners do in a week. I also put in a photo of an oh so beautiful sweatshirt that was sent to me for writing up a little blurb for these women who want to write a book about women that have completed an Ironman. The idea is nice, but I find the size and shape of the sweatshirt about as useful as the dri fit polo shirts Ironman hands out for completing the race. When is the right time to wear that?! I presented at a conference for work and was completely over prepared, which I guess is better than not being ready. It went well and I was thrilled that it was over. Meg and I had no choice but to celebrate at Palmenhaus afterwards. I then led a group dinner of random conference people, I know, not my thing. It was actually good fun, a friend of mine from Dubai happened to be in my group and the rest of the people were also fun. It did make me laugh though, because after dinner they wanted to "go out". I had to apologize right away as I know NOTHING of what to do in this city at night. We ended up wandering around to different bars and had a lot of fun. We celebrated St. Patrick's Day the next night and if you were wondering, it's not my beer. I made some cookies, guess which ones had the American flour?! Wine tasting and a picnic was pretty much the perfect way to spend the first spring weekend. We went out to Neusiedlersee and had an amazing day! The directions at the winery were pretty simple. Please take a glass and help yourself. Well, that's easy enough! I met up with some girlfriends for a Sunday Brunch that ended up bringing us to a cute French place, Wein and Co. and ended 8 hours later at an Irish Bar. Ha! Not the day I had planned for. I was happy I had put lunch for the week in the Crock Pot before I went out that day. This week was busy at work and with a few dinners out, one with the GGI girls and the other for a friend's birthday. I thought I was going to become a real, live, grown up tonight, you know, life after a college size refrigerator, but it didn't happen. I bought a refrigerator from a friend and I had arranged for the movers to come tonight at 6:00, I had a funny feeling about it earlier today and I was right, they didn't show up, answer their phone, or respond to my texts. Grrrr. We were both late to dinner and now I have to figure out a way to get it all taken care of and I won't be here this weekend. I have no idea what I am going to do. Worry about it tomorrow I guess. This weekend is the Paris Eco Trail 50km run. I'm excited, it will be great to meet up with some friends, and I guess I'm ready for the race. I'm actually quite nervous. I know I did the training, and the weather is supposed to be great, but I really don't want to end up on crutches again! That was SO miserable. I wish I could fast forward to the start of the race!

No comments: